Are you a small business owner without a blog? If so, what is holding you back? You surely have heard other business owners tout the benefits of blogging, but for some reason, you have yet to start one.
There are all sorts of reasons why business owners resist the networking potential of a blog. Whatever your reasons may be, it is time to reexamine the blogging best practices because you could be missing out a valuable tool that helps you grow your business.
10 Reasons Every Small Business Owner Should Blog
1. Although anyone can post a blog online, when you start a blog for your business, it establishes your authority in your particular field.
2. A strategically executed business blog is a fantastic vehicle for driving customers to the revenue-producing and it help to start a SEO analysis for your website according to the content you post.
3. Your customers have access to you when you communicate through a blog. Not only does a business blog offer your customers a more personalized experience, it also helps you gain their trust.
4. A blog is like free marketing for your business. You have a fast, effective way to promote special offers and events to your customers.
5. Your blog will help you grow your customer base. It may not happen overnight, but as you continue to update your blog, it can potentially create a buzz as more and more people begin following you.
6. A blog is one of the fastest way you can reach out to customers with news about your business, sales and other important information. It literally takes only a couple minutes to apply the blogging best practices about an important business-related development.
7. You can answer common customer inquiries through your blog. For instance, if many customers ask about a particular feature on one of your products, devoting a blog post to this topic will cut down on your need to respond to the same emailed questions from customers, over and over again.
8. The more often you update and share information on your blog, the higher your blog will appear in search engines. This establishes your business as a leader in the industry, as well as introduces your business to potential customers searching the web.
9. When you allow people to respond to your blog posts, their responses invite even more responses from new customers. Even if you receive a less-than-glowing response every once in awhile, most customers can overlook this if you appear to have a following.
10. Your business becomes more memorable if people enjoy reading your blog. You are building new content that top-of-mind awareness that all business owners strive to achieve with potential customers.
As you can see, the blogging best practices far outweigh the negatives. So what if you receive a negative response every once in awhile? A blog offers you an effective forum where you can respond to it instantly.
Marketing Success Through Blogging
There is a reason why nearly 40% of U.S. business owners have blogs. They work! More and more business owners are posting blogs every single day because they want to become a positive statistic proving that a blog can yield 55% more visitors to their main website.
If you are apprehensive about blogging because you do not know what to write about or how to promote it, help is on the way. You can begin reaping all the benefits of blogging by requesting a free eBook, "An Introduction to Business Blogging." This eBook will teach you everything you need to know about starting your blog and maximizing its marketing potential today.sam_churchill, Camera Eye Photography via photopin cc