A qualified lead is a lead who has expressed interest in your products or services and meets buying criteria as established by sales and marketing teams within your organization. Understanding the necessary criteria for a lead to be qualified is important as it helps direct the sales and marketing teams to invest time in leads who are most likely to convert into customers.
The majority of the following statements are true of a qualified lead:
- Are in the decision stage of the buyer’s journey and bottom third of the sales funnel
- Are in control of their own buying cycle / authorized to make the purchase
- Are completing research to educate themselves on their options
- Have brainstormed and identified their close to exact needs in a solution
- Have a clearly defined budget and are researching and aware of solutions within their means.
Related Article: ¿What is MQL – Marketing Qualified Lead?
Before you can recognize a qualified lead, you need to have a lead scoring system in place that reflects the combination of traits and actions taken that indicate a lead is both a good fit for your company and sales ready. The marketing and sales teams within your organization need to work together to create this point based system.