An editorial calendar is a critical component in your content strategy, with its main purpose being to help you plan, schedule and publish your content.
Using an editorial calendar to help manage your content in advance will ensure you consistently have quality content to share with your audience.
You can use an editorial calendar for essentially any type of content: email campaigns, blog and social media posts, go-live dates for a new landing pages or a scheduled company announcement.
To maximize the effectiveness of your editorial calendar be sure to include the following fields:
- The deadline for when the final content is needed
- The date the piece will be published
- The topic the content is covering
- The content owner who is in charge of ensuring the content goes from ideation all the way to publication
- The author who the piece of content will be attributed to